Lactocel contains one billion Bacillus coagulans which are recognized to be safe for aquatic food (recognized by Food and Drug Administration (FDA)).
At present Bacillus and Lactobacillus species are beneficial bacteria that are the most popular probiotics due to their outstanding advantages:
- Lactocel reduces pH in shrimp gut as it produces lactic acid. This interrupts harmful bacterial growth and create the ideal environment for useful bacteria (except Bacillus subtilis). Combining Lactocel and other probiotic products such as MeraTMBac W (B. subtilis and Pediococcus acidilactici) is the best way to prevent diseases related to gut such as white feces disease, loose intestine so as to improve the intestinal health of shrimps well in the first 60 days.
- Lactocel also generates enzyme such as amylase, protease that support shrimp in absorbing nutrient from feed effectively.
- Bacillus and Lactobacillus release catalase, the enzyme which oxidizes substrates in cells. As such Lactocel may help to heal gut damaged by Gregarines or damaged hepatopancreus, damaged shells, necrosis of uropods and antenna and black gill.
- Bacillus and Lactobacillus increase immune system and prevent viral infection.
- Bacillus coagulans can create spore in adverse or harmful environment, so that they are stable during storage and packing process.
Lactocel contains useful bacteria, Lactocel should be added to daily feeding (at least 2 times/day). Lactocel is also used in the following special cases with higher dose than normal (5g/kg feed):
3. How to use Lactocel for the highest efficiency?
Bacillus coagulans forms spore and shrimp gut is very short. Therefore LACTOCEL should be activated before feeding:
- Dilute required quantity of Lactocel with water.
- 30 minutes to 1 hour later mix Lactocel and feed together.
- Dry feed in 30-45 minutes before feeding.